As someone who claims to be amazing, I am also someone who is extremely aware of my flaws. In no particular order, here a few:
- I’m very sensitive
- I can also be extremely cold hearted and cynical in an attempt to hide/combat my softer side
- I can be too straight forward — sometimes to the detriment of politeness
- I procrastinate like no other person you’ve ever met
- I’m selfish
- I’m impulsive
- I’m stubborn
- Despite having so many feelings, it’s very hard for me to express them
- I drink too much diet coke
- I too often focus on the present to the detriment of the future
Writing these down is an exercise to further acknowlede that in order to be a better person you have to first admit that there are things to work on. I will never be perfect, nor should that be the goal but I know that I can be better. I can learn to communicate more effectively; I can learn to think more of others; I can be a better friend, daughter, person.
Any tips on becoming more mindful are welcome!