As I mentioned in previous blog posts, I’ve got a pretty good rhythm going on in my life right now. I’ve been at my job long enough to know I’m doing enough things right that I won’t be fired (woooo!) And I’ve been putting myself out there in terms of being social and dating.
A bit of background on me and my dating history:
- I’m kind’ve a huge loner. I don’t feel lonely when I’m alone and I think that’s an important distinction 🙂
- I’m a helpless romantic turned semi realist, kinda cynical and definitely guarded when it comes to dating and love.
- I’m an excellent wing woman!
- I have succumbed to the world of dating apps (except Tinder).
- However, I don’t have much luck on those. I’ll spare you the details of why I think that is.
- Now, I won’t claim to have ever actually experienced love in the romantic sense but I do know that I’ve liked a person enough that when things ended I was sad for more than two weeks.
- I’ve also been cheated on twice (there’s only been three relationships in my life; so take that as you will) and as a result I’m really paranoid about that happening again.
- I’m terrible at expressing emotions or feelings in front of others, unless those feelings are about wanting fries.
- I’ve got the first date routine down to a science.
- I’m terrible beyond date two because I NEVER get passed date two.
- I’m very guarded even in my friendships and it takes A LOT of trust to get me to open up about things. So If I do open up, know that it’s genuine and I care about you.
That sums up most of who I am and how I am as a dater. In my next blog post I talk about how the dating is going.